How to find us (map and transport connection)
phone +420 251 108 405
fax +420 251 108 222
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (to order of materials for the reading room)
e-mail email@example.com (to contact the head of the department)
The library will be closed from 16:00 on Wednesday, January 18, 2017.
Wednesday: 10 - 18
Thursday: 10 - 16
Function of the library:
The IIR library systematically collects thematic-based materials:
- Czech foreign policy/relations
- international relations
- international security
- international organizations
- problems of select states
It cooperates with a number of Czech, but mainly foreign scholarly libraries and information institutions. It is a member of the European Information Network on International Relations and Area Studies (EINIRAS) http://www.einiras.org/, an association of research institutions dealing with information and documentation on international relations in research and political practice.
- Library rules (in Czech)
The Reading Room
is equipped with seven computers with access to the internet, and at twelve desks you can use your own notebook, though for this, you need to get an approval from the librarian. Four copy machines are also at your disposal.
Please see the plan of the reading room.
Available in the reading room:
- IIR publications published since 1990 and all issues of Mezinárodní politika, Mezinárodní vztahy and Perspectives,
- handbooks, the newest yearbooks, new books, the selected newest issues of periodicals and last week's press.
Ordering materials to the reading rom:
- Books, older issues of journals, press and documentary materials are prepared by the next working day
- A reader with an Admission Card can order books and journals right from the on-line catalog Clavius
- If you haven't gotten your card yet you can:
a) send an order by e-mail (even before your first visit)
b) fill in the order form in the reading room
You must specify the: pressmark, title and author. For journals must also specify the: volume, number and yea of publicationr.
How to become a reader
first visit to the library is considered informative
to order information materials as well as for your following entries, an admission card is necessary
Conditions for obtaining an admission card:
completion of application form
photo (passport size)
payment of the reader's fee
proving your identification card (identity card, driving license, passport)
students must submit their student's card to prove their identity (ISIC, Junior pas, etc.)
Price of admission card
bargain price (students, members of the editorial council of the IIR): 50,- Kč
full price: 100,- Kč
IIR personnel, IIR interns, students of AAC: free of charge
duplicate of card: 100,- Kč