Announcing the Winter Semester program of the IIR Critical Studies Seminar
The Institute of International Relations Prague invites you to the winter semester sessions of the Critical Studies Seminar. The seminar is a monthly event that brings together researchers coming from diverse disciplinary backgrounds who are interested in research inspired by and drawing on contemporary social and political theory. It is primarily designed as a place for discussing drafts of research articles written by members of the seminar and invited guests. Nevertheless, the event is open to a broad academic public interested in discussed topics.
Please find the program below or here. Until further notice, the seminar will take place in person at the IIR (Nerudova 3, Prague, tram stop: Malostranské náměstí). If you are interested in joining the seminar, please write to email@example.com.
October 12, 2021, 5:30 pm
- Clément Steuer (Institute of International Relations Prague) – Farah Ramzy (European University Institute): The Nation's Future Party and the Reconfiguration of Egyptian Authoritarianism
November 2, 2021, 5:30 pm
- Julian Schmid (Institute of International Relations Prague): Marvel, DC and US National Security: Hollywood, Heroism and Post-‘9/11’ Security Discourses
December 7, 2021, 5:30 pm
- Jacob Maze (Anglo-American University) - Ottoman Biopolitics: Foucault, Genealogy and Equilibrium
January 4, 2022, 5:30 pm
- Kristína Rankovová (Comenius University in Bratislava): Representations of Self, Other, Inequalities and Poverty in the Slovak Global Education Discourse
February 1, 2022, 5:30 pm
- Anna Lukešová (Charles University): Multi-governance of immigrant integration policies: the case of Austria and Czechia