Alica Kizeková Senior researcher
Alica Kizeková works as a senior researcher at the Centre for the Study of Global Regions and heads its Asia Pacific Unit. She pursued a PhD by research in International Relations at Bond University in Queensland, Australia (PhD) and she has a Master’s degree in international relations and diplomacy from the Faculty of Political Science and International Relations, University of Matej Bel in Banská Bystrica, Slovakia. In addition, she works at the IIR as a coordinator of activities related to the Think Visegrad- V4 Think Tank Platform and a programme coordinator of the International symposium on the Czech foreign policy. She holds an honorary adjunct research fellowship at the Faculty of Society and Design at Bond University in Queensland, Australia. In the past, she was an assistant professor at the Institute of Territorial Studies of the Faculty of Regional Development and International Studies at Mendel University in Brno (2017-2018), adviser to the Speaker of the Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic (2015-2017), head of the Department of Asian Studies and academic at the Metropolitan University of Prague (2014-2015). She worked as a teaching fellow and a senior research assistant at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at Bond University, in Queesland, Australia (2005-2013). Her professional interests include regionalism, multilateralism, global governance, security, democracy, soft balancing, Central Europe, Central Asia and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Forthcoming 2021: Soft Balancing in the Indo-Asia-Pacific: from ASEAN to the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, Routledge, London, UK, 978-1-4724-2885-1 (ISBN).
- (2019): Editor: Alica Kizekova et al., České zájmy v roce 2019. Analýzy ÚMV (The Czech Interests in 2019. Analyses of the Institute of International Relations Prague), Institute of International Relations, Prague, 2019.
- (2018): Editor: Alica Kizekova et al., Czech Foreign Policy in 2017: Analysis, Institute of International Relations, Prague, 2018.
- Forthcoming 2021: “Central and Eastern Europe”, In Research Handbook on the Belt and Road Initiative, Joseph Chinyong Liow, Liu Hong and Gong Xue (eds.), Edward Elgar Publishing
- (2020): “China and the USA in Central Asia: Competing Actors with Different Goals?”, In China’s Belt and Road Initiative: Strategic and Economic Impacts on Central Asia, Southeast Asia and Central Eastern Europe, Alfred Gerstl and Ute Wallenbock (eds.), Routledge, London, UK
- (2019): Alica Kizekova, Restart česko-indických vztahů: proč a jak prodloužit momentum" (Restart of the Czech-Indian Relations: Why and How to Prolong the Momentum), in: Alica Kizekova and al., České zájmy v roce 2019. Analýzy ÚMV (The Czech Interests in 2019. Analyses of the Institute of International Relations Prague), IIR Prague, 2019, pp. 98-106.
- (2018) Rudolf Furst, Alica Kizekova and David Kozisek, The Czech Foreign Policy in the Asia-Pacific: Improving Balance, Mostly Unfulfilled Potential, Czech Foreign Policy in 2017: Analysis, Alica Kizekova (ed.), Institute of International Relations, Prague, 2018, pp. 221-236.
- (2018). China’s Belt and Road Initiative and the 16+1 platform: the Case of the Czech Republic. In: Arduino, Alessandro - Gong, Xue (eds): China: securing the Belt and Road initiative. Risk assessment, Private Security and special insurances along the new wave of Chinese outbound investments. Palgrave Macmillan, pp.275-297.
- (2016): Multitrack Diplomatic Approaches to Border and Territorial Disputes in the Asia Pacific and Soft Balancing. In: Gerstl, Alfred - Strasakova, Maria (eds.): Unresolved Disputes in Southeast Asia. Brill, Leiden, December 2016, pp. 143-167.
- (2016): Chinese Regionalism: Balancing and Constraint in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization. In: H. Ping, Jonathan - McCormick, Brett (eds.): China’s Strategic Priorities. London: Routledge (Routledge Contemporary China Series), pp. 127-152
- (2021): Alica Kizekova, Celosvětová hrozba pro demokracii? Čína jako kombinace autoritářské správy, hybridního režimu a úplné demokracie, Mezinárodní politika 2-2021, Praha: Ústav mezinárodních vztahů, 18-19. https://www.iir.cz/mezinarodni-politika-1
- 2017-up to present: Main Coordinator for IIR: Think Visegrad V4 Think-Tank Platform, International Visegrad Fund
- 2017-2019: Main Project Coordinator: TAČR BETA (TIRVMZV701) - Vývoj a pilotní ověření metod pravidelného komplexního hodnocení české zahraniční politiky (Development and pilot verification of methods of regular comprehensive evaluation of Czech foreign policy). Output: Methodology of conducting regular analyses of Czech foreign policy using a new conceptual matrix