The Prague Agenda - Prospects and Challenges
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic in cooperation with the Institute of International Relations Prague, the Metropolitan University Prague and the Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University Prague organized the conference The Prague Agenda - Challenges and Prospects.
6. 9. 2013 (9:00)
Great Hall, the Czernin Palace, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
The aim of this international conference, which is being organised for the third time, is to discuss and further expand upon the Prague Security Agenda announced by US President Obama in April 2009 in Prague. The conference will deal primarily with the nuclear disarmament pillar this year, however, the other two pillars (nuclear non-proliferation and nuclear security) will be covered to some extent in this year's conference too.
The Prague Agenda - Challenges and Prospects
Friday, 6th September 2013
9:00-12:30 The Great Hall:
The Prague Agenda: Prospects and Challenges
8:30 - 9:00 Registration
9:00 - 9:15 Opening Remarks
9:15 - 10:45 Panel I: Beyond the New START: The Prague Agenda after Berlin
- Rose Gottemoeller, Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, USA
- James M. Acton, Senior Associate in the Nuclear Policy Program, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Washington
- Andreas Persbo, Executive Director of the Verification Research, Training and Information Centre (VERTIC), London
11:00 - 12:30 Panel II: Nuclear Non-proliferation: Global & Regional Perspectives
- Linton Brooks, Senior Adviser, Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington
- Ian Anthony, Research Coordinator at SIPRI and the Director of the SIPRI Programme on Arms Control, Disarmament and Non-proliferation, Stockholm
- Jaakko Laajava, Under Secretary of State, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and Facilitator for the Middle East Weapons of Mass Destruction Free Zone
- Alyn Ware, Global Coordinator, Parliamentarians for Nuclear Non-proliferation and Disarmament
You can download the programme of the conference here.
From the conference
You can find the speech of Rose Gottemoeller, Acting Under Secretary for Arms Control and International Security here.
Information about previous conferences
Videos, photos and the conference summary are available here:
Panel I: Beyond the New START: The Prague Agenda after Berlin
Panel II: Nuclear Non-proliferation: Global and Regional Perspectives
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, Faculty of Social Sciences - Charles University, Metropolitan University Prague