Asya Metodieva Researcher
Asya Metodieva is researcher in Centre for European Politics. She is currently studying Ph.D. in Political Science, Public Policy Track at the Central European University in Hungary. She also studied Public policy in the same place (MA) and International Relations at Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” in Bulgaria (MA). She was a researcher at Central European University in Hungary (2019, 2018), research assistant at the same place (2017-2018, 2016). Her research interests include radical movement, political violence, polarization, hybrid war and European security.
- Asya Metodieva (2021): "The Radical Milieu and Radical Influencers of Bosnian Foreign Fighters", Studies in Conflict & Terrorism, Published online: 18 Jan 2021.
- January-March 2019: Doctoral Research Support Grant from Central European University, Visiting PhD Candidate at the University of Oxford, UK.
- September - December 2019: 2018 Re-think CEE Fellowship, The German Marshall Fund of the US, a Visiting Fellow at The Balkan Trust for Democracy, Serbia.
- June - August 2018: 2018 Mladena and Dianko Sotirov Visiting Fellowship London School of Economics IDEAS, UK.
- April - July 2019: 2019 Field and Archival Research Grant, from Central European University.
- January 2019: 2019 School of Public Policy Travel and Research Grant from Central European University.
- February-March 2018: 2018 Short Research Grant from Central European University, Hungary.