Brand new issue of New Perspectives (1/2018) is now available!
We are delighted to present issue 01/2018 of New Perspectives, a peer-reviewed journal published in English, which primarily focuses on interdisciplinary research of Central and East European politics.
Articles published in New Perspectives are always based on strong theoretical framework and use sound methodological instruments. In order to ensure that these high standards are met, every article submitted for publication undergoes the process of peer review - at least two or three world's leading experts in the field concerned are asked to submit their review report on the article.
In current issue you can find interesting pieces, such as:
- "The World Is (Not) Heated" by editor-in-chief of the New Pespectives Benjamin Tallis
- "The Prague Agenda" by Michal Smetana, Anastasia Kazteridis, Matthew Kroenig, Sadia Tasleem, Richard Price, Jeffrey Fields, Jason Enia, Angela Kane, Dieter Fleck
- "Writing Kafka’s Soul: Disciplinary Power, Resistance & the Authorship of the Subject" by Nicholas Dungey
- "History, Nationalism, and Democracy: Myth and Narrative in Viktor Orbán’s ‘Illiberal Hungary’" by Michael Toomey
- "The Fourth Generation: From Anti-Establishment to Anti-Systém Parties in Slovakia" by Oľga Gyárfášová
- "HHhH & The 7th Function of Language" by Laurent Binet
To convey its results to the broadest possible audience, the IIR joined the movement called Open Access and provides all of the contents, both old and new, of our scientific journals New Perspectives and Mezinárodní vztahy / Czech Journal of International Relations for free via the Internet.
The articles are available under the licence Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (see https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/deed.en ).
For the sake of completeness, we would like to mention again that not only our journals, but also our other publications are now freely available to both IR professionals and the nonprofessional public:
- The journal Mezinárodní vztahy / Czech Journal of International Relations is accessible online.
- Our books are accessible at Google Books (https://books.google.cz/). Our Czech language books are accessible online after an expiration period of one year, and our foreign language books are made available online after a two-year embargo.
- Older issues of the journal Mezinárodní politika, which today we publish only online, are available as free downloads, but one can purchase physical issues of the journal in person in the building of the IIR.
- All of our publications and 80.000 other books and documents are available in our library.
We wish you a pleasant reading and fruitful use of these documents!